Dear Colleagues, the CHME executive are pleased to announce the first CHME annual Video Competition!
The purpose of the competition is to raise awareness of the wide variety of exciting career opportunities available to hospitality graduates and to make young people aware of the advantages of a career in the hospitality industry.
CHME is looking for enthusiastic hospitality students willing to capture on video the amazing experiences of alumni and their careers in the industry. The videos will provide a marketing and recruitment resources for CHME members showcasing how exciting, challenging and varied a career in the hospitality industry can be.
We hope that this competition provides an opportunity for lecturers to flip the classroom, increase student engagement, and for student collaboration while learning remotely.
More details follow my message and entry form is attached at the very end.
Stay safe and well.
The Council for Hospitality Management Education
Video Competition – Enter with a chance to win £500
The footage should be no longer than 2 minutes (120 seconds).
Covid-secure regulations and advise changes all the time, ensure you adhere to the covid-secure regulations of government and your institution. You can also utilise software to record your interview footage remotely.
· The videos will be judged in terms of creativity, originality, message content and technical organisation (sound and picture quality). The decisions of the judges will be final.
· The competition closes at midnight on 28th February 2021. The competition winners will be announced at the CHME Conference 12th-14th May 2021.
Videos will be judged over a score of (90) points on the following criteria:
Creativity /Originality (30 pts):
· Entries must be the students’ own work, in the student’s own words, and may include personal experiences and thoughtful observations. Videos must reflect that the student has carefully examined and thought through the topic.
Message Content (40 pts):
· Does the student apply/address the theme of “Inspiring careers in hospitality”?
· Is the video relevant?
· How compelling is the video?
· Is the video presented in a logical sequence?
Technical Organization (20 pts):
· How well is the video produced regarding continuity, timing, camera operation, sound quality, editing and adherence to time limit of 2 minutes or (120 seconds)
· Once you have edited your video, give it a title, and include the name of your university, then upload it to YouTube and ensure the video is uploaded as unlisted then include the YouTube link to the video competition form.
People’s Choice – Most Likes (up to 10 points)
You will be notified if your video has been shortlisted by the 16th April 2021 and we will make your video available for public view on the CHME Video Competition YouTube channel. It is then up to you to share the video with friends and family on social media to get as many views as possible. The top three videos with the most ‘views’ by midnight on the 2nd May 2021 will gain an extra 10 points for the main judging criteria.
Terms and Condition
CHME reserves the right to use the videos submitted to the competition in its activities to promote hospitality education, research, public debate, and any other relevant activities. All CHME activities are non-profit. This does not infringe the rights of the authors to the acknowledgement of their authorship. CHME members have the right to use video content for the promotion of hospitality programmes (i.e- on social media, in presentations, etc.) By submitting a video entry to the CHME Video Competition, you officially give CHME members permission to use your video for all future CHME promotional purposes.
We are excited to see what you create and hope you enjoying making your video as much as we will enjoy seeing your final product! If you have any questions, please contact Isabell. email@example.com