Dear Colleagues, the CHME executive are pleased to announce the first CHME annual Video Competition!
The purpose of the competition is to raise awareness of the wide variety of exciting career opportunities available to hospitality graduates and to make young people aware of the advantages of a career in the hospitality industry.
CHME is looking for enthusiastic hospitality students willing to capture on video the amazing experiences of alumni and their careers in the industry. The videos will provide a marketing and recruitment resources for CHME members showcasing how exciting, challenging and varied a career in the hospitality industry can be.
We hope that this competition provides an opportunity for lecturers to flip the classroom, increase student engagement, and for student collaboration while learning remotely.
More details follow this message and entry form is attached at the very end.
The Council for Hospitality Management Education
CHME are pleased to announce the first annual Video Competition! If you are interested in submitting an entry to win £500, please read the information below for competition rules and requirements.
The hospitality industry provides a wide variety of exciting career options from hotels, events and catering management to revenue management, business development and marketing. However, many young people are unaware of the wide variety of exciting career opportunities available to hospitality graduates. The purpose of your video is to make young people aware of the advantages of a career in the hospitality industry.
CHME is looking for enthusiastic hospitality students willing to capture on video the amazing experiences of alumni and their careers in the industry. The videos should showcase how exciting, challenging and varied a career in the hospitality industry can be.
- You must be a team of no more than four students at a CHME member institution.
- The footage must have been filmed by you.
- The footage should be no longer than 2 minutes (120 seconds).
- Please make sure your video is appropriate (i.e. - no alcohol, drugs or lewd behaviour shown in video). Inappropriate footage will not be allowed and will disqualify your entry.
- If you include music in your video it must be royalty free and you must credit the artist/s.
- Please do not use any music with explicit lyrics or connotations.
- You must have written permission from any business to include footage of their premises. If you are unable to obtain permission, then please do not include the footage. Proof of written permission will be required.
- The graduate must be from the same institution as you and you must have their written permission.
- The videos will be judged in terms of creativity, originality, message content and technical organisation (sound and picture quality). The decisions of the judges will be final.
- The competition closes at midnight on 28th February 2022. The competition winners will be announced at the CHME Conference 24th-27th May 2022.
Videos will be judged over a score of (90) points on the following criteria:
Creativity /Originality (30 pts):
- Entries must be the students’ own work, in the student’s own words, and may include personal experiences and thoughtful observations. Videos must reflect that the student has carefully examined and thought through the topic.
Message Content (40 pts):
- Does the student apply/address the theme of “Inspiring careers in hospitality”?
- Is the video relevant?
- How compelling is the video?
- Is the video presented in a logical sequence?
Technical Organization (20 pts):
- How well is the video produced regarding continuity, timing, camera operation, sound quality, editing and adherence to time limit of 2 minutes or (120 seconds)
- Once you have edited your video, give it a title, and include the name of your university, then upload it to YouTube and ensure the video is uploaded as unlisted then include the YouTube link to the video competition form.
People’s Choice – Most Likes (up to 10 points)
You will be notified if your video has been shortlisted by the 17th April 2022 and we will make your video available for public view on the CHME Video Competition YouTube channel. It is then up to you to share the video with friends and family on social media to get as many views as possible. The top three videos with the most ‘views’ by midnight on the 2nd May 2022 will gain an extra 10 points for the main judging criteria.
Terms and Condition
CHME reserves the right to use the videos submitted to the competition in its activities to promote hospitality education, research, public debate, and any other relevant activities. All CHME activities are non-profit. This does not infringe the rights of the authors to the acknowledgement of their authorship. CHME members have the right to use video content for the promotion of hospitality programmes (i.e- on social media, in presentations, etc.) By submitting a video entry to the CHME Video Competition, you officially give CHME members permission to use your video for all future CHME promotional purposes.
We are excited to see what you create and hope you enjoying making your video as much as we will enjoy seeing your final product! If you have any questions, please contact- http://CHMECoordinator@outlook.com